Get Married in Cyprus, the Island of Love......
Are you and your partner planning to get married In Cyprus? Being the birthplace of Aphrodite Greek Goddess of Love makes Cyprus a meaningful and romantic choice. There are many advantages to having a Cyprus wedding, not least the guarantee of great weather!
Your marriage will be recognised worldwide and your ceremony and marriage certificate will be in English. There are also a number of world class spas available to prepare you for your big day and make-up artists and hairdressers can be arranged if required.
Ways to get married in Cyprus
The wedding industry in Cyprus has evolved greatly over the last decade, and you will find that arranging your Cyprus wedding is easy and relatively cheap for a European country.
The possibilities for your ceremony and reception are endless. You can have either a civil or church ceremony or you can get married in Cyprus on a beach or up a mountain!
It’s also possible to opt for a village wedding, with locals taking part in the ceremony and reception. Traditional Cypriot music and food can be arranged. Having a
traditional Cypriot wedding
is a great way to experience the authentic and real Cyprus at its finest.
A great range of extravagant hotels and spas are on offer in Cyprus and the majority of luxury accomodations have wedding and honeymoon facilities. For our pick of the best 5 star hotels in Cyprus to get married in
Cyprus wedding planners
With so much choice available, you may want to hire a one of the many Cyprus wedding planners available to take the stress out of your big day.
This is highly recommended, not least because they will be able to discuss the legalities with you and many will take care of the paperwork themselves. Even if you are not using a wedding planner, you may still want to thinking about getting help with the formalities from
specialist Cyprus lawyers.
Different wedding planners offer couples different wedding packages to tailor make your day, so it is important to shop around before making a decision so that you can be sure they can meet your needs.
If you choose to marry at one of Cyprus’s luxury hotels, many 4 and 5 star hotels on the island also have in-house wedding planners to help you.
Cyprus wedding formalities
• As in the UK, you must have two witnesses at the ceremony
• Although a minimum two stay is no longer required, Cypriot Law states that both the bride and groom must be on the island for at least five working days before the ceremony
• You must have with you your birth certificates, and if divorced, a copy of the decree absolute
• You must have valid ten year passports that will not expire within the next six months• You will need to produce affidavits, which are certificates declaring that you are single. You can obtain these documents from your Registry Office or Home Office in your country of origin, or alternatively from your embassy.
• For guests at church ceremonies, formal dress is required.
Traditional Cyprus Wedding Customs
Traditional Cyprus Dating Customs
Honeymoon in Cyprus
Have you got married in Cyprus?
Whether you have held your own wedding in Cyprus or attended someone else's we, and others who are planning to get married in Cyprus, would love to hear your Cyprus Wedding story!
Return to See the Real Cyprus Homepage from Get Married in Cyprus